Morrish Bible Dictionary 
2,3. Two who had married strange wives. Ezra 10:39,41 .
4. Father of Hananiah who helped to repair the wall of Jerusalem. Nehemiah 3:30 .
5. Priest who was made a treasurer on the return from exile. Nehemiah 13:13 .
6. Son of Cushi. Jeremiah 36:14 .
8. Father of Jehucal, or Jucal. Jeremiah 37:3; Jeremiah 38:1 .
9. Son of Hananiah. Jeremiah 37:13 .
Smith's Bible Dictionary 
Shelemi'ah. (Repaid By Jehovah).
1. One of the sons of Bani, in the time of Ezra. Ezra 10:30. (B.C. 458).
2. The father of Hananiah. Nehemiah 3:30.
3. A priest, in the time of Nehemiah. Nehemiah 13:13.
4. The father of Jehueal, or Jucal, in the time of Zedekiah. Jeremiah 37:3.
5. The father of Irijah, the captain of the ward, who arrested Jeremiah. Jeremiah 37:13. (B.C. before 589).
6. The same as Meshelemiah and Shallum, 8 . 1 Chronicles 26:14.
7. Another of the sons of Bani, in the time of Ezra. Ezra 10:41.
8. Ancestor of Jehudi, in the time of Jehoiakim. Jeremiah 36:14.
9. Son of Abdeel; one of those who received the orders of Jehoiakim, to take Baruch and Jeremiah. Jeremiah 36:26. (B.C. 604).
Fausset's Bible Dictionary 
1. Ezra 10:39.
2. Nehemiah 3:30; probably the same as in Nehemiah 8:8, one of the priests who made the sacred perfumes and incense, "apothecaries."
3. Over "the treasuries" of Levitical tithes ( Nehemiah 13:13).
4. Jeremiah 37:3.
5. Jeremiah 37:13.
6. Meshelemiah or Shallum ( 1 Chronicles 26:1; 1 Chronicles 26:14).
7. Ezra 10:41.
8. Jeremiah 36:14.
9. Jeremiah 36:26.
Hastings' Dictionary of the Bible 
Shelemiah . 1. 2 . Two of the sons of Bani, who married a ‘strange’ wife ( Ezra 10:39; Ezra 10:41 [ Selemias in 1Es 9:34 (41)]). 3 . Father of Hananiah ( Nehemiah 3:30 ). 4 . A priest ( Nehemiah 13:18 ). 5 . The father of Jehucal or Jucal ( Jeremiah 37:3 ). 6 . The father of Irijah ( Jeremiah 37:13 ). 7 . 1 Chronicles 26:14 . See Meshelemiah. 8 . Ancestor of Jehudi ( Jeremiah 36:14 ). 9 . Son of Abdeel ( Jeremiah 36:26 ).
Holman Bible Dictionary 
Jeremiah 37:3 2 Jeremiah 37:13 3 Jeremiah 36:14 4 Jeremiah 36:26 5 1 Chronicles 26:14 1 Chronicles 26:9 6 Ezra 10:39 10:41 8 Nehemiah 3:30 9 Nehemiah 13:13
Easton's Bible Dictionary 
Bibliography Information Easton, Matthew George. Entry for 'Shelemiah'. Easton's Bible Dictionary. https://www.studylight.org/dictionaries/eng/ebd/s/shelemiah.html. 1897.
Hawker's Poor Man's Concordance And Dictionary 
There were several of this nameThe ( Ezra 10:41; Nehemiah 13:13) Lord is my peace, is the meaning of this name, from Jab, the Lordâ€”and Shalem, peace.
Cyclopedia of Biblical, Theological and Ecclesiastical Literature 
(Heb. Shelemyah', שֶׁלֶמְיָה ; but [except in Ezra 10:39; Nehemiah 3:30; Nehemiah 13:13; Jeremiah 37:3; Jeremiah 37:13] in the prolonged form, Shelemya ' Hu,
שֶׁלֵמַיָהוּ , Repaid Of Jehovah ; Sept. Σαλεμία or Σελεμίας ), the name of nine Hebrews.
1. A Levite appointed to guard the east entrance to the tabernacle under David, while his son Zechariah had the northern gate ( 1 Chronicles 26:14). B.C. 1043. In 1 Chronicles 9:21; 1 Chronicles 26:1-2, he is called MESHELEMIAH; in Nehemiah 12:25, MESHULLAM; and in 1 Chronicles 9:17; 1 Chronicles 9:31, SHALLUM.
2. Son of Cushi and father of Netaniah, which latter was father of the Jehudi whom the princes sent to Baruch with an invitation to read Jeremiah's roll to them ( Jeremiah 36:14). B.C. much ante 605.
3. Father of Jehucal or Jucal, which latter Zedekiah ordered to request Jeremiah to interceded for the city ( Jeremiah 37:3; Jeremiah 38:1). B.C. ante 589.
4. Son of Hananiah and father of Irijah, which latter arrested Jeremiah as he was leaving the city ( Jeremiah 37:13). B.C. ante 589.
5. Son of Abdeel and one of those ordered to apprehend Baruch and Jeremiah ( Jeremiah 36:26). B.C. 604.
7. Another of the "sons" of Bani who did the same ( Ezra 10:41). B.C. 458.
8. Father of the Hananiah who repaired part of the walls of Jerusalem ( Nehemiah 3:30). B.C. ante 446. He is perhaps the same as "one of the apothecaries," i.e. manufacturers of the sacred incense, who is mentioned in Nehemiah 3:8 as the father of Hananiah.
9. A priest appointed by Nehemiah as commissary of the Levitical tithes ( Nehemiah 8:13). B.C. cir. 434.
International Standard Bible Encyclopedia 
shel - ḗ - mı̄´a , shḗ - lem´ya ( שׁלמיה , shelemyāh ; Codex Vaticanus Σελεμιά , Selemiá , Codex Alexandrinus Σελεμίας , Selemı́as ):
(1) One of the sons of Bani who married foreign wives in the time of Ezra ( Ezra 10:39 ), called "Selemias" in 1 Esdras 9:34.
(2) Father of Hananiah who restored part of the wall of Jerusalem ( Nehemiah 3:30 ) (Codex Vaticanus Τελεμιά , Telemiá , ,א Τελεμίας , Telemı́as ).
(3) A priest who was appointed one of the treasurers to distribute the Levitical tithes by Nehemiah ( Nehemiah 13:13 ).
(4) The father of Jehucal (or Jucal) in the reign of Zedekiah ( Jeremiah 37:3; Jeremiah 38:1; in the second passage the name is Shelemyāhū ).
(5) The father of Irijah, the captain of the ward, who arrested Jeremiah as a deserter to the Chaldeans ( Jeremiah 37:13 ).
(6) 1 Chronicles 26:14 . See Meshelemiah .
(7) Another of the sons of Bani who married foreign wives in the time of Ezra ( Ezra 10:41 ). It is of interest to note that the order of names in this passage - S harai, Azarel, and Shelemiah - is almost identical with the names in Jeremiah 36:26 , namely, Seraiah, Azriel, Shelemiah.
(8) Ancestor of Jehudi ( Jeremiah 36:14 ).
(9) Septuagint omits.) Son of Abdeel, one of the men sent by Jehoiakim to seize Baruch and Jeremiah after Baruch had read the "roll" in the king's presence ( Jeremiah 36:26 ).
- Shelemiah from Morrish Bible Dictionary
- Shelemiah from Smith's Bible Dictionary
- Shelemiah from Fausset's Bible Dictionary
- Shelemiah from Hastings' Dictionary of the Bible
- Shelemiah from Holman Bible Dictionary
- Shelemiah from Easton's Bible Dictionary
- Shelemiah from Hawker's Poor Man's Concordance And Dictionary
- Shelemiah from Cyclopedia of Biblical, Theological and Ecclesiastical Literature
- Shelemiah from International Standard Bible Encyclopedia