Hastings' Dictionary of the Bible 
Zohar . 1 . Father of Ephron the Hittite ( Genesis 23:8; Genesis 25:19 ). 2 . A Simeonite family ( Genesis 46:10 , Exodus 6:15 ); called in Numbers 26:15 and 1 Chronicles 4:24 Zechariah 3 Zechariah 3 Zechariah 3 . A Judahite family, according to the KÄ•rÃ§ of 1 Chronicles 4:7 , which was followed in AV [Note: Authorized Version.] of 1611. The KÄ•thÃ®bh is incorrectly reproduced in modern edd. of AV [Note: Authorized Version.] as ‘ Jezoar ,’ and in RV [Note: Revised Version.] as ‘ Izhar. ’
Easton's Bible Dictionary 
Bibliography Information Easton, Matthew George. Entry for 'Zohar'. Easton's Bible Dictionary. https://www.studylight.org/dictionaries/eng/ebd/z/zohar.html. 1897.
Smith's Bible Dictionary 
1. Father of Ephron, the Hittite. Genesis 23:8; Genesis 25:9. (B.C. Before 1860).
2. One of the sons of Simeon Genesis 46:10; Exodus 6:15 called Zerah in 1 Chronicles 4:24.
Holman Bible Dictionary 
Genesis 23:8 Genesis 25:9 2 Genesis 46:10 Exodus 6:15 Numbers 26:13 1 Chronicles 4:24 3 1 Chronicles 4:24
Morrish Bible Dictionary 
1. Father of Ephron the Hittite. Genesis 23:8; Genesis 25:9 .
2. Son of Simeon. Genesis 46:10; Exodus 6:15 . Called ZERAH in Numbers 26:13; 1 Chronicles 4:24 .
Fausset's Bible Dictionary 
1. Genesis 25:9).
2. Exodus 6:15)
American Tract Society Bible Dictionary 
A Hittie, Genesis 23:8 . Also a son of Simeon, Genesis 38:30 , and a descendant of Judah, 1 Chronicles 4:7 .
Webster's Dictionary 
(n.) A Jewish cabalistic book attributed by tradition to Rabbi Simon ben Yochi, who lived about the end of the 1st century, a. d. Modern critics believe it to be a compilation of the 13th century.
Cyclopedia of Biblical, Theological and Ecclesiastical Literature 
(Heb. Tso'char, צֹחִר , Light; Sept.. Σαάρ ) , the name of two or three men.
2. Last named but one of the six sons of Simeon (Genesis 46, 10; Exodus 6:15); elsewhere ( 1 Chronicles 4:24) called ZERAIT (See Zerait) (q.v.).
3. A marginal reading in 1 Chronicles 4:7 for JEZOAR (Heb. rather Yitschar', יצחר , which [as usual] takes the pointing of the Keri וַצַחִר And Zohar; the A.V. of 1611 has ‘ Zoar"), second named of the three sons of Helah of the tribe of Judah. B.C. post 1618.
International Standard Bible Encyclopedia 
zō´har ( צחר , cōḥar , meaning uncertain):
(1) Father of Ephron the Hittite ( Genesis 23:8; Genesis 25:9 ).
(2) "Son" of Simeon ( Genesis 46:10; Exodus 6:15 ) = "Zerah" of Numbers 26:13; 1 Chronicles 4:24 . See Zerah , 4.
(3) In 1 Chronicles 4:7 , where the Ḳerē is "and cōḥar " for the Kethı̄bh is yicḥar , the Revised Version (British and American) "Izhar," the King James Version wrongly "Jezoar."
Kitto's Popular Cyclopedia of Biblial Literature 
Zo´har (whiteness), a son of Simeon [ZERAH].
Zohar, the father of Ephron the Hittite (; ).
Zohar (in Keri; in Chetib, Jezoar), a descendant of Judah ().
The Nuttall Encyclopedia 
A Jewish book of cabalistic commentaries on the Old Testament.
- Zohar from Hastings' Dictionary of the Bible
- Zohar from Easton's Bible Dictionary
- Zohar from Smith's Bible Dictionary
- Zohar from Holman Bible Dictionary
- Zohar from Morrish Bible Dictionary
- Zohar from Fausset's Bible Dictionary
- Zohar from American Tract Society Bible Dictionary
- Zohar from Webster's Dictionary
- Zohar from Cyclopedia of Biblical, Theological and Ecclesiastical Literature
- Zohar from International Standard Bible Encyclopedia
- Zohar from Kitto's Popular Cyclopedia of Biblial Literature
- Zohar from The Nuttall Encyclopedia