Easton's Bible Dictionary 
Bibliography Information Easton, Matthew George. Entry for 'Zabdiel'. Easton's Bible Dictionary. https://www.studylight.org/dictionaries/eng/ebd/z/zabdiel.html. 1897.
Hastings' Dictionary of the Bible 
Zabdiel (‘my gift is El’). 1 . Father of one of David’s officers ( 1 Chronicles 27:2 ). 2 . A prominent official in Nehemiah’s time ( Nehemiah 11:14 ). 3 . An Arabian who put Alexander Balas to death and sent his head to Ptolemy ( 1Ma 11:17 ).
Smith's Bible Dictionary 
Zab'di-el. (Gift Of God).
1. Father of Jashobeam, a chief of David's guard. 1 Chronicles 27:2. (B.C. before 1046).
2. A priest, son of the great men or, as the margin gives it, "Haggedolim." Nehemiah 11:14. (B.C. 459).
Fausset's Bible Dictionary 
("gift of God".)
1. Father of Jashobeam. (See Jashobeam .) ( 1 Chronicles 27:2).
2. A priest, "son of (one of) the great men," overseer of 128 brethren ( Nehemiah 11:14).
Morrish Bible Dictionary 
1. Father of Jashobeam, one of David's captains. 1 Chronicles 27:2 .
2. 'Son of one of the great men,' and overseer of the priests in Jerusalem. Nehemiah 11:14 .
Holman Bible Dictionary 
1 Chronicles 27:2 2 Nehemiah 11:14
Cyclopedia of Biblical, Theological and Ecclesiastical Literature 
(Heb. Zabdiel', זִבְדַּיאֵל , Gift Of God ) , the name of three Jews mentioned in the Old Test and Apocrypha.
1. (Sept. Ζαβδιήλ . ) The father of Jashobeam, the chief of David's warriors ( 1 Chronicles 27:2). B.C. ante 1046.
3. (Sept. Ζαβδιήλ ; Josephus, Ζάβηλος ; Vulg. Zabdiel. ) An: Arabian chieftain who put Alexander Balas to death ( 1 Maccabees 11:17; Josephus, Ant. 13:4, 8). According to Diodorus, Balas was murdered by two of the officers who accompanied him (M Ü ller, Fragm. Hist. 2, 16).
International Standard Bible Encyclopedia 
zab´di - el ( זבדּיאל , zabhdı̄'ēl , "my gift is El (God)"; Ζαβδιήλ , Zabdiḗl ):
(1) Father of Jashobeam ( 1 Chronicles 27:2 ), or rather Ishbaal (Curtis, Chronicles , 290 f).
(2) An overseer of the priests ( Nehemiah 11:14 ).
(3) An Arabian who beheaded Alexander Balas and sent his head to Ptolemy ( 1 Maccabees 11:17 ).
- Zabdiel from Easton's Bible Dictionary
- Zabdiel from Hastings' Dictionary of the Bible
- Zabdiel from Smith's Bible Dictionary
- Zabdiel from Fausset's Bible Dictionary
- Zabdiel from Morrish Bible Dictionary
- Zabdiel from Holman Bible Dictionary
- Zabdiel from Cyclopedia of Biblical, Theological and Ecclesiastical Literature
- Zabdiel from International Standard Bible Encyclopedia