From BiblePortal Wikipedia
International Standard Bible Encyclopedia 
jon ( Ἰωάννης , Iōánnēs ): The name of several persons mentioned in the Apocrypha:
(1) Father of Mattathias, grandfather of Judas Maccabeus and his brothers ( 1 Maccabees 2:1 ).
(2) Eldest son of Mattathias, surnamed Gaddis (which see).
(3) Father of Eupolemus, one of the envoys sent to Rome by Judas Maccabeus ( 1 Maccabees 8:17; 2 Maccabees 4:11 ).
(4) John Hyrcanus, "a valiant man," son of Simon, and nephew of Judas Maccabeus ( 1 Maccabees 13:53; 16:1 ). See Asmoneans; Maccabees .
(5) One of the envoys sent to treat with Lysias ( 2 Maccabees 11:17 ).