People's Dictionary of the Bible 
Baana or Baanah ( Bâ'A-Nah ), Son Of Affliction. 1. A Benjamite, one of the murderers of Ish-bosheth. 2 Samuel 4:2. 2. The father of one of David's warriors. 2 Samuel 23:29; 1 Chronicles 11:30. 4. Two officers under Solomon. 1 Kings 4:12. 5. One who returned with Zerubbabel. Ezra 2:2; Nehemiah 7:7. 6. A person whose son took part in rebuilding the wall of Jerusalem. Nehemiah 3:4. He may be identical with the one who sealed the covenant. Nehemiah 10:27.
Holman Bible Dictionary 
1 Kings 4:12 2 2 Samuel 15:37 3 Nehemiah 3:4 4 2 Samuel 4:1 5 2 Samuel 23:29 6 Ezra 2:2 7 Nehemiah 10:27
Easton's Bible Dictionary 
Bibliography Information Easton, Matthew George. Entry for 'Baana'. Easton's Bible Dictionary. https://www.studylight.org/dictionaries/eng/ebd/b/baana.html. 1897.
Hastings' Dictionary of the Bible 
BAANA . 1. 2 . Two of Solomon’s commissariat officers ( 1 Kings 4:12; 1 Kings 4:16 ). 3 . Father of Zadok, one of those who rebuilt Jerusalem ( Nehemiah 3:4 ). 4 . One of the leaders who returned with Zerubbabel; possibly identical with the preceding, and with Baanah No. 3 .
Smith's Bible Dictionary 
2. Father of Zadok, who assisted in rebuilding the wall of Jerusalem under Nehemiah. Nehemiah 3:4. (B.C. 446).
Morrish Bible Dictionary 
1. Solomon's commissariat officer in Jezreel and the north of the Jordan valley. 1 Kings 4:12 .
2. Father of Zadok who repaired part of the wall of Jerusalem. Nehemiah 3:4 .
Fausset's Bible Dictionary 
1. 1 Kings 4:12.
2. Nehemiah 3:4.
Cyclopedia of Biblical, Theological and Ecclesiastical Literature 
(Hebrews Baana', בִּעֲנָא , prob. for בֶּןאּעֲנָא ], Son Of Affliction), the name of three or four men.
1. (Sept. Βανά .) Son of Ahilud, one of Solomon's twelve purveyors; his district comprised Taanach, Megiddo, and all Bethshean, with the adjacent region ( 1 Kings 4:12). B.C. 1012.
3. (Sept. Βαανά .) Father of Zadok, which latter repaired a portion of the walls of Jerusalem on the return from Babylon, between the fish-gate and the oldgate ( Nehemiah 3:4). B.C. 446.
( Ezra 2:2).
International Standard Bible Encyclopedia 
bā´a - na (Old Testament and Apocrypha; Βαανά , Baaná ; בּענא , ba‛ănā' "son of oppression"):
(1, 2) Two commissariat-officers in the service of Solomon ( 1 Kings 4:12; 1 Kings 4:16; the King James Version "Baanah").
(3) Father of Zadok, the builder ( Nehemiah 3:4 ).
(4) A leader who returned with Zerubbabel to Jerusalem (1 Esdras 5:8). Compare Bannah ( Ezra 2:2; Nehemiah 7:7; Nehemiah 10:27 ).
- Baana from People's Dictionary of the Bible
- Baana from Holman Bible Dictionary
- Baana from Easton's Bible Dictionary
- Baana from Hastings' Dictionary of the Bible
- Baana from Smith's Bible Dictionary
- Baana from Morrish Bible Dictionary
- Baana from Fausset's Bible Dictionary
- Baana from Cyclopedia of Biblical, Theological and Ecclesiastical Literature
- Baana from International Standard Bible Encyclopedia