Hastings' Dictionary of the Bible 
Zohar . 1 . Father of Ephron the Hittite ( Genesis 23:8; Genesis 25:19 ). 2 . A Simeonite family ( Genesis 46:10 , Exodus 6:15 ); called in Numbers 26:15 and 1 Chronicles 4:24 Zechariah 3 Zechariah 3 Zechariah 3 . A Judahite family, according to the KÄ•rÃ§ of 1 Chronicles 4:7 , which was followed in AV [Note: Authorized Version.] of 1611. The KÄ•thÃ®bh is incorrectly reproduced in modern edd. of AV [Note: Authorized Version.] as ‘ Jezoar ,’ and in RV [Note: Revised Version.] as ‘ Izhar. ’
Easton's Bible Dictionary 
Copyright Statement These dictionary topics are from M.G. Easton M.A., DD Illustrated Bible Dictionary, Third Edition, published by Thomas Nelson, 1897. Public Domain.
Bibliography Information Easton, Matthew George. Entry for 'Zohar'. Easton's Bible Dictionary. https://www.studylight.org/dictionaries/eng/ebd/z/zohar.html. 1897.
Smith's Bible Dictionary 
1. Father of Ephron, the Hittite. Genesis 23:8; Genesis 25:9. (B.C. Before 1860).
2. One of the sons of Simeon Genesis 46:10; Exodus 6:15 called Zerah in 1 Chronicles 4:24.
Holman Bible Dictionary 
Genesis 23:8 Genesis 25:9 2 Genesis 46:10 Exodus 6:15 Numbers 26:13 1 Chronicles 4:24 3 1 Chronicles 4:24
Morrish Bible Dictionary 
1. Father of Ephron the Hittite. Genesis 23:8; Genesis 25:9 .
2. Son of Simeon. Genesis 46:10; Exodus 6:15 . Called ZERAH in Numbers 26:13; 1 Chronicles 4:24 .
Fausset's Bible Dictionary 
1. Genesis 25:9).
2. Exodus 6:15)
American Tract Society Bible Dictionary 
A Hittie, Genesis 23:8 . Also a son of Simeon, Genesis 38:30 , and a descendant of Judah, 1 Chronicles 4:7 .
Webster's Dictionary 
(n.) A Jewish cabalistic book attributed by tradition to Rabbi Simon ben Yochi, who lived about the end of the 1st century, a. d. Modern critics believe it to be a compilation of the 13th century.
Cyclopedia of Biblical, Theological and Ecclesiastical Literature 
(Heb. Tso'char, צֹחִר , Light; Sept.. Σαάρ ) , the name of two or three men.
1. The father of Ephron the Hittite, from which latter Abraham purchased the cave of Machpelah ( Genesis 23:8; Genesis 25:9). B.C. ante 2026.
2. Last named but one of the six sons of Simeon (Genesis 46, 10; Exodus 6:15); elsewhere ( 1 Chronicles 4:24) called ZERAIT (See Zerait) (q.v.).
3. A marginal reading in 1 Chronicles 4:7 for JEZOAR (Heb. rather Yitschar', יצחר , which [as usual] takes the pointing of the Keri וַצַחִר And Zohar; the A.V. of 1611 has ‘ Zoar"), second named of the three sons of Helah of the tribe of Judah. B.C. post 1618.
International Standard Bible Encyclopedia 
zō´har ( צחר , cōḥar , meaning uncertain):
(1) Father of Ephron the Hittite ( Genesis 23:8; Genesis 25:9 ).
(2) "Son" of Simeon ( Genesis 46:10; Exodus 6:15 ) = "Zerah" of Numbers 26:13; 1 Chronicles 4:24 . See Zerah , 4.
(3) In 1 Chronicles 4:7 , where the Ḳerē is "and cōḥar " for the Kethı̄bh is yicḥar , the Revised Version (British and American) "Izhar," the King James Version wrongly "Jezoar."
Kitto's Popular Cyclopedia of Biblial Literature 
Zo´har (whiteness), a son of Simeon [ZERAH].
Zohar, the father of Ephron the Hittite (; ).
Zohar (in Keri; in Chetib, Jezoar), a descendant of Judah ().
The Nuttall Encyclopedia 
A Jewish book of cabalistic commentaries on the Old Testament.
- ↑ Zohar from Hastings' Dictionary of the Bible
- ↑ Zohar from Easton's Bible Dictionary
- ↑ Zohar from Smith's Bible Dictionary
- ↑ Zohar from Holman Bible Dictionary
- ↑ Zohar from Morrish Bible Dictionary
- ↑ Zohar from Fausset's Bible Dictionary
- ↑ Zohar from American Tract Society Bible Dictionary
- ↑ Zohar from Webster's Dictionary
- ↑ Zohar from Cyclopedia of Biblical, Theological and Ecclesiastical Literature
- ↑ Zohar from International Standard Bible Encyclopedia
- ↑ Zohar from Kitto's Popular Cyclopedia of Biblial Literature
- ↑ Zohar from The Nuttall Encyclopedia